Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Go easy when cutting chicken breast and do not over fill otherwise your mixture will cook along side your chicken not inside.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 6 small button mushrooms
- 2 spring onions
- 1⁄3 red capsicum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- Heat oil and butter in a hot pan.When butter is melted but not brown add thinly sliced mushrooms and garlic cook for 3-5 minutes, add thinly sliced capsicum and onions cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add cayenne pepper,salt and black pepper.Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Take each chicken breast and slice down one side but not the whole way through.This is to make a pocket.Halve the mushroom mixture and gently place mixture in each pocket not quite filling them.
- Refrigerate and then either pan fry in olive oil,grill,BBQ or oven bake.Depending on the size of the breast cooking should take about 15 minutes.Serve with your favourite side dishes.