Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderful and tasty chicken salad that goes great on crackers or a sandwich. It's fresh and simple flavors appeal to all. I made this up over years of trial and error. Finally hit the jackpot! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced fine
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic clove, minced well
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 cup mayonnaise (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups chopped chicken (I use Rotisserie left over from Costco)
- Mix Mayo and lemon juice together. Add dried spices and mix well. Add rest of ingredients mix well and chill for atleast 2 hours. Enjoy!
This is a very tasty chicken salad, great textures, and flavors. I didn't, but one could, use fat-free mayo, or lite mayo. I used this in a couple of ways. I served it on top of a romaine salad with tomatoes, walnuts and crunchy homemade croutons. The second day I took 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored them and made an "X" on the top of them, not to cut all the way through, but so as to be able to lay the quarters back. I then put a large scoop of the chicken salad in the middle of the tomato. Both ways were delish!! Great salad! Great flavor! Thanks K-Jon, for sharing!