Recipe by cookiedog
This recipe by Ina Garten makes the most of summer's bounty. Serve it as a side for dinner or part of a special brunch.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is a great new way to serve cherry tomatoes (for me they're usually fresh & in a salad, rather than cooked in any way)! This recipe, however, works just fine & the resulting flavors are great ~ I especially liked the fresh herb combo! Thanks for a very nice keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan large enough to hold all the tomatoes in one layer. Add the garlic to the oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to loose their firm round shape.
- Sprinkle with a little fresh chopped basil and parsley and serve hot or at room temperature.