Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These are so easy and yummy. They can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Just bake and serve with your favorite steak.
- 8 baking potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons butter or 3 teaspoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) package garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prick potatoes and bake about an hour or until tender.
- Let cool until they can be handled.
- Cut 1/3 off the top of the potato, horizontally.
- Scoop put cooked potato leaving 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Mash scooped potatoes with milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Stir in garlic and herb cheese.
- Spoon mashed potatoes back into the shells.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until hot and lightly browned.
My family really enjoyed these potatoes. Followed recipe and they turned out great!
I used 3 huge baked potatoes, cut in half to make 6 stuffed potatoes. My cheese spread was garlic and chive-I guess that is close enough. Very good and very rich.
Very :yummy: stuffed potatoes!! I only had plain spreadable cream cheese, but i did have some fresh herbs. So I chopped and added rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, with onion salt and cayenne. Left out the butter and used 2% milk. Turned out just great! Also just did 3 potatoes, 6 halves. We loved them! and will make them again, hope you don't mind the adaptation. Your recipe was a perfect guide, thanks for posting.