Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty, light and fluffy rolls. Can be made smaller for dinner rolls or as sandwich rolls. Crusty outside and soft inside. These pack a great punch when paired with grilled chicken or pulled pork or even steak sandwiches. I even made these for fancy hamburger rolls and received raves for the flavor enhancement of the burger. Adopted from a bread machine recipe I had. Prep time includes putting together and rising time once assembled. Times may change for rising based on altitude and temperature. Prep time does not include dough cycle
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic (can be less, we love garlic)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine as per directions from your unit.
- Program to dough cycle, GO!
- Once done, place dough onto lightly oiled surface and cut into 8 pieces.
- Shape into balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet , flatten slightly.
- Let rise in warm area until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 400°F; brush buns with water, sprinkle top with a little bit of cheese, or for change a bit of garlic powder, Italian herbs, or for a kicker spicy herb. Bake 15 min or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
- Can be frozen in double wrapped sealed container bag or ziploc. remember to take out as much air as possible. Good for a month.
- To reheat: thaw completely and put into warmed oven for homey smells and freshness.
Sorry, but these sounded (and smelled) better than they tasted. They were really bland. I am not sure what I did wrong, but agree with the ratings that said it needed some salt. (And I am not really one who likes much salt.) I do think they will be good for dipping into oil; will try that with the rest.
These were great! Whole family enjoyed them. Followed recipe and made 8 large rolls. Sprinkle oregano and parmesan cheese ontop. Thank You. Made for ZWT7~Emerald City Shakers.
I thought these were terrific! I followed the directions and made 8 buns. I topped them with garlic powder and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Italy.