Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From www.topsecretrecipes.com. It's a "copycat" version of the Rondele Garlic & Herbs Cheese Spread by Todd Wilbur. Prep time includes storage.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (12 ounce) containerphiladelphia whipped cream cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and onion powder.
- Add cream cheese and gently fold in the seasonings, being careful not to overmix as the cream cheese will lose it's "fluff".
- Allow the flavors to blend by storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Stir once more before serving.
I have made this 3 times and each time I think it tastes better and better. I didn't have any whipped cream cheese so I went online to find out if I could sub a block of cream cheese. Yes, you can. 1 block and 2 tbsps of milk whipped together with an electric mixer works nicely. My dd loves rondele and pub cheese and I won't buy it again since I have this recipe now. Thank you so much!
I tried this recipe right after eating store bought spread. This was just as good if not better. Make it a day or so in advance for stronger flavor. It's great to take in your picnic basket on wine trips. Good recipe, Anovamom. Update: I never have whipped cream cheese on hand so have always used a block plus 2 T. milk and whip with a handmixer as suggested by jb4. This time I went ahead and added ALL ingredients with the milk. It blended beautifully and the job was done quickly. Easy!!
I love this recipe. I was looking for a spread for turkey and ham roll ups in tortillas. This was very yummy. I used two blocks of cream cheese and added a bit of milk like others suggested. I also added some 1/2 a tsp McCormick's Perfect Pinch vegetable seasoning and 1/3 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, I used a little garlic powder in mine as well as minced garlic, some extra onion powder, and some ground pepper. Very yummy. Look forward to making this again!