Recipe by pink cook
Enjoy this delicious dip or spread with your favorite crackers, crostini or wrap.
Top Review by Vyrianna
When giving this a try I decided to place the Italian Herbs in the mortar and pestle with just a little salt to help the grinding down to an almost powdery texture. Then instead of mincing the garlic, I used a garlic press. Unfortunately I chose to use 3 very large cloves of garlic, but am afraid that may have been too much. (My fault not the recipe; usually we like a lot of garlic). Also other than the little salt I used with the mortar and pestle I didn't add any more. I'd probably cut back on the pepper next time too, due to our preferences. May update again after the flavors have had a better chance to blend.
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk and cream cheese together in a medium bowl with an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Use as cheese dip or spread on crostini, for wraps or wherever else you would use flavored cream cheese.