Recipe by JenInCA
I saw this prepared on '30 Minute Meals', on the Food Network. The recipe is by Rachael Ray. It looked easy to do and tasty! Can't wait to try it!
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler to medium high.
- Cut plum tomatoes in half lengthwise. Squeeze or scoop out most of the pulp and seeds. Place the tomatoes flesh side up in a heat safe dish and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine the bread crumbs, cheese, thyme, garlic and olive oil. Season mixture with pepper
- and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes under the broiler for 5 minutes or until golden brown.