Garlic and Fresh Herb Pull–apart Bread
- For infused oil: Combine oil, herbs, garlic and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in mixing bowl. Heat. Add milk to flour mixture and mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stir in egg and oil and continue to mix on low for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended and dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Shape the dough into a ball, and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl; turning once to coat.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft–free place until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Punch dough down and spread onto a lightly floured work surface. Using hands, pat dough into a 25x30 cm rectangle, approximately 3 cm thick. Divide dough into about 30 pieces using a pizza cutter or knife; roll into balls. Dip dough balls into oil and herb mixture to lightly coat. Arrange coated dough balls evenly in bottom of greased 25 cm tube pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft–free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350ºF/180ºC for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Invert to move from pan and serve immediately.