Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A great bread to serve with your favorite soup or pasta.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup snipped dried tomatoe (not oil-packed)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Select the two pound feature on your bread machine and medium crust.
- Add above ingredients to your bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
Made this bread without a machine & ended up with two EXTREMELY TASTY 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaves! Used large cloves of garlic along with just a tad more dried tomato & was very pleased with the results! Along with the resemary these flavors were wonderful, & you've given me a great keeper of a recipe! Many thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]
this is wonderful bread with soup!
This bread is a terrific addition to my recipe file! I heated the water & then followed mainbo's suggestion & soaked the dried tomatoes in it. I only needed 2 1/2 cups of bread flour. I could see that it the dough was going to overfill my machine as it began to rise, so I took it out and made a loaf & a few rolls to bake in the oven. We had the rolls last night & used the loaf today for sandwiches. Great tasting without being overpowering in any one flavor. I will make this bread again!