Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like garlic and basil,serve these savory scones fresh from the oven and enjoy the wonderful aroma and flavor. I got this from LAND O LAKES.COM
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400°F Combine flour, parsley, baking powder, basil and garlic salt in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Stir in sour cream, milk and eggs just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto floured surface; knead until smooth (1 minute). Divide dough in half. For each half, roll out or pat out dough with floured hands into 8-inch circle. Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges 1 inch apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle wedges with remaining cheese. Continue baking for 4 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with spreadable butter with Canola Oil.
Savory scones or biscuits, whatever you call them they are delicious. Lots of cheese, enough to please most any cheese lover really delivers on taste. For me a bit more garlic wouldn't be a bad thing but thats personal taste only. The recipe works beautifully and gives a side that will fit perfectly with oh so many things.