Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very colorful side dish when you use a combination of the three different colored bell peppers. This would also be wonderful on Italian sausage sandwiches.
- 8 large bell peppers (yellow and red and green)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- Roast the peppers whole in a very hot oven until the skin is charred on all sides.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully peel and remove the stems and seeds.
- Slice the peppers lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the garlic and saute until golden being careful not to burn.
- Add the pepper strips.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring gently once or twice.
- Add a pinch of salt, the cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Stir for a minute or two, then serve.