Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very colorful side dish when you use a combination of the three different colored bell peppers. This would also be wonderful on Italian sausage sandwiches.
- Roast the peppers whole in a very hot oven until the skin is charred on all sides.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully peel and remove the stems and seeds.
- Slice the peppers lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the garlic and saute until golden being careful not to burn.
- Add the pepper strips.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring gently once or twice.
- Add a pinch of salt, the cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Stir for a minute or two, then serve.