Recipe by corynnmichele
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Tangy goat cheese and creamy mashed potatoes combine perfectly to create a crispy, yummy dish that seems like it is way more complex than it is.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour (additional as needed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (additional as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan on med high heat.
- While oil is heating mix together all other ingredients.
- Potato mixture should be as thick as pudding, if it is too runny add additional flour.
- Fry heaping spoonfuls of potato mixture in oil turning after 1-2 minutes, cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- Heat additional oil as needed between batches.
- Keep pancakes warm in oven 250 degree while cooking additional pancakes.
- Serving suggestions: "as is" are fantastic, or with sour cream and fresh cracked salt, as a base for a light spring salad, topped with diced tomatoes and fresh basil.