Recipe by Normaone
What a decadent way to fix potatoes. I don't have these often, but when I do it is always a treat. I'd rather have these than dessert.
Top Review by Mama Dia
My 10yr old loves this recipe! When he sees it on the dinner table he actually claps. It makes me get the warm fuzzies. Yes...I am a sucker for a little round of applause over my cooking ;0) I do increase the garlic to about 4-6 cloves- we like them with lots of garlic!
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 -2 clove garlic, peeled and minced (or more)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon rendered bacon fat
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, grated (about 10 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, boil potatoes until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add garlic and, with an electric mixer, beat the potato mixture.
- Add butter and bacon fat and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Add cheese and mix with a wooden spoon until cheese is completely melted.