Recipe by smiles4u
From Rachael Ray's "Get Real" book. Quick and yummy.
Top Review by Budgiegirl
This recipe proves what I always tell my dear sister in law. "Good cooking doesn't have to be complicated or take all day to make." I did make a couple of changes. I did step 2 first. Make sure you get the broccoli as dry as possible or your eggs will be watery. I removed the broccoli from the pan then did step 1. It was too easy to burn the garlic the other way. This will be a regular breakfast meal for me. Very, very good.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- salt, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- finely ground black pepper
- shaved asiago cheese (to garnish) or parmigiano-reggiano cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flake; cook 1 minute or so.
- Add frozen chopped broccoli. Break up broccoli and let cook off all water, 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt.
- Season beaten eggs with salt and pepper. Add eggs to skillet and scramble to desired doneness.
- Use vegetable peeler to shave cheese on top of eggs.