Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Have not made this yet, but can't wait to try it! From Southern Living...
- 2 large heads of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 ounces brie cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel off the outer skin from each garlic head. Cut off the top third of each head.
- Place the garlic, cut side up, on the baking sheet and drizzle with the 2 T. olive oil.
- Bake 1 hr., or until garlic is soft.
- While garlic is baking, finely chop the celery, onion and carrot.
- Remove garlic from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Squeeze the pulp from each clove into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove rind from the Brie. Coarsely chop the cheese, and set aside.
- Saute the vegetables in 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan until tender, about ten minutes.
- Add the flour, stirring until smooth, then cook an additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
- Using a food processor or blender, process the garlic and 1 cup of the soup mixture until smooth. Add processed mixture back to soup, then add the herbs, simmering over medium-low heat.
- Add the Brie, stirring constantly until cheese melts. Stir in the pepper. Serve.