Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is mostly an attempt to recreate the dipping oil at Vespucci's in Cheshire, CT. Use a fresh ciabatta bread... Oh, so good! But dangerous. You may not want to try this on an empty stomach if you have a whole loaf of bread at your disposal. Looks like there are lots of similar dipping oils out there, but none seemed to use bell peppers.
- 1 cup olive oil (use the good stuff)
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 basil leaves (fresh or frozen fresh)
- 1 dash chili pepper flakes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Add olive oil to microwaveable dish.
- Chop up green pepper into small cubes, add.
- Lightly crush cloves of garlic, or slice into chunks, add.
- Chop basil leaves up a bit, add.
- Add chili pepper flakes.
- Microwave a couple-few minutes until oil is hot (I suppose it may taste better simmered in a pan, but I've never tried it since this is so easy).
- Grind pepper on top and a dash or two of salt.
- Dip good bread into it!