Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This sounds like it would be a tasty starter or a side dish with an Italian meal. I originally found the recipe in BBC Good Food Magazine.
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
Oh my goodness! What an easy, flavorful delight. This was so simple to assemble and tasted wonderful. I love the classic combination of garlic, basil and parmesan. It really hit the spot! Thank you!
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 small ciabatta, cut in half lengthways
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill / broiler to high.
- Beat together the mayonnaise, butter and garlic cloves until smooth.
- Chop basil, stir through and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the halves of the ciabatta, sliced lengthways, on a baking tray and spread with the butter.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan, then grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from baking tray and slice each half into smaller slices.