Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sounds like it would be a tasty starter or a side dish with an Italian meal. I originally found the recipe in BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 small ciabatta, cut in half lengthways
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Heat the grill / broiler to high.
- Beat together the mayonnaise, butter and garlic cloves until smooth.
- Chop basil, stir through and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the halves of the ciabatta, sliced lengthways, on a baking tray and spread with the butter.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan, then grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from baking tray and slice each half into smaller slices.
Oh my goodness! What an easy, flavorful delight. This was so simple to assemble and tasted wonderful. I love the classic combination of garlic, basil and parmesan. It really hit the spot! Thank you!
This is a nice change from the usual garlic bread. The basil flavour is so nice with the garlic. I will make this again for sure. This was made for ZWT4. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
So easy to make this bread, & SO TASTY, too! Definitely a keeper to make with pasta dishes & chili, too! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed while on tour in Italy during Zaar's World Tour 4]