1 hr 15 mins
This past weekend I went on a camping trip and my assignment was to bring the potato salad. I wanted it to be absolutely perfect so I started messing around with recipes the week before and threw out a few batches before I came up with this. The roasted potatoes enhance the flavor of the garlic and bacon and makes this a great tasting combination. This is best made at least a day ahead so that the bacon flavor can really combine and penetrate the potatoes. Everyone absolutely loved it and I hope you do to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, washed and diced with skin on roughly the same size
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes, if desired (optional)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked till crisp and crumbled
- 2 celery ribs, washed and cut in half and diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix the oil, garlic cloves, salt, pepper in a large bowl.
- 3Add potatoes a few handfuls at a time tossing to coat with each addition.
- 4Spread out onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with pan coat and bake for 45 minutes, sitrring every 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool on the baking sheet.
- 5Meanwhile in a small bowl with a wire whisk or fork combine the mayonaisse, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and parsley flakes if using.
- 6In the larger bowl add the cooled potato cubes, bacon, celery, and red onion. Add the dressing and toss the potatoes to coat. Check to make sure there is enough salt and pepper and adjust to your tastes.
- 7Best if refrigerated overnight.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Bacon Roasted Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.9
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 680.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar