Recipe by Dawn R.
I found this recipe on the web. I improvised a little and my family loved it!! Very tasty and easy to make!
Top Review by Teriffic
This was great. I used Panko breading but first brushed a tsp of light ranch dressing on each breast to allow the panko to stick. I also used turkey bacon in order to cut the calories and I did reduce the cheese and butter and olive oil as I was using a very good non stick pan and did not need all the fat. Yummo!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 medium onions, chopped small
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup original breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- First cook bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Crumble bacon and set it to the side.
- Drain skillet but do not rinse.
- Add 1 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoons butter in skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, pepper and bacon.
- Cook on medium heat until onions are soft.
- Remove from pan with the drippings, and put them to the side.
- Add 1 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoons butter to skillet brown chicken breasts on both sides for about 1 1/2 minutes apiece.
- Put chicken in ungreased pan.
- Coat the tops of chicken lightly with the bread crumbs.
- Next spoon garlic, onion, and bacon mixture over each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes uncovered for medium sized breasts.
- Let stand 3 minutes and serve.