1/1 Photo of Garlic-Almond-Sherry Rice with Saffron
Another EdsGirl creation from La Cocina Angie! Beautiful golden rice is seasoned with garlic, sherry, saffron, and - a touch of almond extract. It's so delicious, and at it's best with a light vegetarian, seafood or chicken entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan, saute garlic in olive oil until very lightly browned.
- 2Add rice and saute about 3 minutes.
- 3Combine water and sherry; add to rice and garlic in saucepan.
- 4Add almond extract and pinch of saffron.
- 5Bring to a boil, then cover tightly and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- 6Season with salt to taste.
- 7To serve, top with toasted almond slivers or slices.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Almond-Sherry Rice with Saffron
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g