Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Another EdsGirl creation from La Cocina Angie! Beautiful golden rice is seasoned with garlic, sherry, saffron, and - a touch of almond extract. It's so delicious, and at it's best with a light vegetarian, seafood or chicken entree.
Top Review by Phoenix Food Queen
This just sounded absolutely delish and I HAD to make this! Sadly I didn't have any saffron so i substituted Tumeric (let me tell you. .not a bad sub!) and I didn't have any almond slivers but I had whole roasted almonds. This was so delish! I can't wait to make this again with all the correct ingredients on hand! I served this with baked teriyaki chicken and broccoli! What a great meal!
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch saffron
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, saute garlic in olive oil until very lightly browned.
- Add rice and saute about 3 minutes.
- Combine water and sherry; add to rice and garlic in saucepan.
- Add almond extract and pinch of saffron.
- Bring to a boil, then cover tightly and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- To serve, top with toasted almond slivers or slices.