1/1 Photo of Garlic Alfredo Sauce
A nice sauce for pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onion is tender.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 4Add flour, and cook, whisking constantly for 2 minutes.
- 5Gradually add half-and-half, whisking constantly, for 8-10 minutes or just until mixture comes to a boil.
- 6Remove from heat, and stir in nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 7Add cheese, stirring until melted and smooth.
- 8Serve with pasta, vegetables, chicken or seafood.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.2
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 659.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 13.6 g