Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice sauce for pasta.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onion is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add flour, and cook, whisking constantly for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add half-and-half, whisking constantly, for 8-10 minutes or just until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Serve with pasta, vegetables, chicken or seafood.
This was my first time making Alfredo sauce. This fantastic recipe will blow you away. It has a great flavor without being over powered by any single ingredient. I used 4-5 cloves of garlic and kosher salt when I made this. At step 5, I wondered if I needed to add more flour, as it barely coated the back of the spoon. The cheese thicken the sauce nicely. I would NOT change anything about this recipe. It was served over linguine and topped with grilled chicken breast. This recipe will go into my Encore Cookbook. Made for Please Review My Recipe 2012