An adopted recipe, Original Intro States: This Garlic Mayonnaise is typical of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands in Spain. It is usually served with bread as an appetizer. It can also be used to accompany grilled fish and meats.
- In a blender or a food processor, puree garlic with egg.
- Mix oil with lemon juice in a pouring jar.
- With motor running, add oil mixture slowly in a thin stream.
- Add salt and pepper and whirl an additional 10 seconds.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- If the mixture separates or does not thicken, correct it as follows: Pour all but 1 tablespoon of separated mayonnaise into another container.
- Add 1 tablespoon water to remaining tablespoon of mayonnaise in food processor.
- With motor running, add separated mayonnaise slowly; mixture should regain right consistency- if not, try again.
- It is best to prepare this the day before, to allow flavors to mingle and mellow out.