1/2 Photos of Garlic Aioli
An adopted recipe, Original Intro States: This Garlic Mayonnaise is typical of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands in Spain. It is usually served with bread as an appetizer. It can also be used to accompany grilled fish and meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender or a food processor, puree garlic with egg.
- 2Mix oil with lemon juice in a pouring jar.
- 3With motor running, add oil mixture slowly in a thin stream.
- 4Add salt and pepper and whirl an additional 10 seconds.
- 5Taste for seasoning.
- 6Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- 7If the mixture separates or does not thicken, correct it as follows: Pour all but 1 tablespoon of separated mayonnaise into another container.
- 8Add 1 tablespoon water to remaining tablespoon of mayonnaise in food processor.
- 9With motor running, add separated mayonnaise slowly; mixture should regain right consistency- if not, try again.
- 10It is best to prepare this the day before, to allow flavors to mingle and mellow out.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1972.9
- Calories from Fat 1973
- Total Fat 219.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 828.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g