Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
i couldn't find this anywhere on this site... i'm planning on making this for our pizza tonight (garlic aeoli sauce with chicken, herbs, tomato and feta) but i know garlic aeoli is good with just about anything else, too! try it on a hot dog, as a dip for chips, veggies... just about anything! enjoy!
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- in a blender, combine garlic, egg, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- put on the fastest setting.
- add the oil in a slow stream and continue to process until the mixture has formed a thick texture.
- *this is more or less the same recipe i use when making mayonnaise. 1/2 cup oil, 1 egg, 1 tbsp lemon juice and a dash of paprika.
- *please note that this does use a raw egg. i prefer to get my eggs from a free range family in my area. although i have heard people say to use store bought (which i don't trust--personal opinion) just make sure to wash the egg before cracking. the use of the lemon kills bacteria with it's high acidity.