Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe from Ryland, Peters, and Small's Tapas Cookbook. States this is a great condiment for fish, meat or even potatoes.
Top Review by Annacia
Dee-licious. So fast and so much better than plain old store bought spreads. Used this in my (not grilled) cheese and tomato sandwich and what a fab kick in the pants it gave that run of the mill sanny. :D
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the garlic, egg, egg yolk, and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until pale yellow.
- Keep the motor rumming and slowly pour in the olive oil, a little at a time.
- Blend well, until thick and silky, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.