Recipe by English_Rose
Enjoy a traditional Indian dessert with this simple, tempting recipe for spiced, candied carrot.
- 10 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves
- 6 green cardamoms, crushed
- 1 small piece cinnamon stick
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add in the grated carrots and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain into a colander.
- Melt the butter in a pan with the cloves, cardamom and cinnamon on a very low heat.
- Add the milk and stir well.
- When you can smell the cardamom, add the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved and then add in the drained carrots.
- Cook gently, stirring, until the liquid has cooked off, around 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15 minutes.