Recipe by Stacky5
A very elegant and easy Greek recipe for shrimp santorini. Recipe courtesy of Eat Greek Tonight website. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatoes, chopped & seeded
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven at 375°F.
- Heat half the oil in an ovenproof skillet.
- Add the butter and the red pepper.
- Saute the shrimp, in batches if necessary, 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally until the shrimp is pink.
- Stir in the wine and garlic and boil 3-4 minutes.
- When the liquid begins to thicken, stir in the chopped tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with dill and cheese and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over top and broil 6 inches from heat source 3-4 minutes until bubbly.