Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Made this for Saturday evening supper, as I needed to make something quick and straightforward, since I was knee-deep in preparation for Sunday lunch. What a marvellous supper, very rich in flavour, very satisfying, luxurious yet so simple, we loved it. You wouldn't think it was so easy and quick to prepare! I'll definitely be making this again. I also served it over pasta, though it would go well with rice. Thanks, Poppy, for another great recipe!
- 3 lbs raw large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups butter
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and garlic set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Saute garlic green onion and tomato.
- Add shrimp and season with oregano salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn shrimp frequently and saute until pink.
- Add feta cheese and cream.
- Bring to boil and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp carefully to casserole.
- Spoon cheese mixture over shrimp.
- Serve with rice.