Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 lbs raw large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups butter
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and garlic set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Saute garlic green onion and tomato.
- Add shrimp and season with oregano salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn shrimp frequently and saute until pink.
- Add feta cheese and cream.
- Bring to boil and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp carefully to casserole.
- Spoon cheese mixture over shrimp.
- Serve with rice.
Made this for Saturday evening supper, as I needed to make something quick and straightforward, since I was knee-deep in preparation for Sunday lunch. What a marvellous supper, very rich in flavour, very satisfying, luxurious yet so simple, we loved it. You wouldn't think it was so easy and quick to prepare! I'll definitely be making this again. I also served it over pasta, though it would go well with rice. Thanks, Poppy, for another great recipe!
I made this for our anniversary and am so glad I did! The lemon juice tenderized the shrimp and the feta/cream sauce was wonderful accent to the dish. (Good thing, too, because dh and the kids loved the shrimp so much that I ended up mostly with the sauce...although the sauce was so good I may make it on its own for other dishes. ;o) The pale pink hue of the sauce (from the tomato) coordinated beautifully with the color of the shrimp. I served it over fettucine rather than rice and it worked well that way, too. I was surprised at how easy it was to prepare (would be almost effortless if you get deveined shrimp!), especially given the gourmet flavor and presentation. Beautiful with steamed veggies on the side and a glass of wine. You might want to double-check directions in steps 2, 4, and 5 as it was a bit confusing between garlic and oregano; but I figured they were all ending up in the same dish and didn't worry about it too much. Will definitely be making this again - Thanks!