Doreen Randal's Note:
This is an easy one from an old recipe book of my Grandmothers. I double the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop dried fruit (currants, raisins, sultanas or a mixture). Put flour and sugar into a bowl and rub in the butter lightly with the finger tips until no lumps remain, then stir in the sugar.
- 2Add 1-2 Tbs milk to give a stiff dough and turn this on to a floured board.
- 3Pat lightly into shape and roll out very evenly to 1/8 inches thick, keeping the dough a regular shape, then cut in half.
- 4Sprinkle one half evenly with chopped fruit and cover with the other piece of dough.
- 5Lightly flour the board and roll the mixture again until 1/8 inches thick,.
- 6keeping as square as possible.
- 7Trim the edges and cut into squares or triangles and bake on a greased tray in mod. hot oven @ 400°F for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garibaldi Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 878.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.9 mg
- Sodium 1813.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 66.7 g
- Protein 13.8 g