Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy one from an old recipe book of my Grandmothers. I double the recipe.
Make and share this Garibaldi Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Chop dried fruit (currants, raisins, sultanas or a mixture). Put flour and sugar into a bowl and rub in the butter lightly with the finger tips until no lumps remain, then stir in the sugar.
- Add 1-2 Tbs milk to give a stiff dough and turn this on to a floured board.
- Pat lightly into shape and roll out very evenly to 1/8 inches thick, keeping the dough a regular shape, then cut in half.
- Sprinkle one half evenly with chopped fruit and cover with the other piece of dough.
- Lightly flour the board and roll the mixture again until 1/8 inches thick,.
- keeping as square as possible.
- Trim the edges and cut into squares or triangles and bake on a greased tray in mod. hot oven @ 400°F for 15 minutes.