1/4 Photos of Gardener's Sweet Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
This salad is a celebration of the summer garden- fresh ripe corn, sweet juicy cherry tomatoes still warm from the summer sun, and basil picked from the herb garden. I like Yellow Pear and Sweet Million tomatoes, but use whatever grows well in your garden. This is a very simple recipe that is all about using the best that the summer garden can offer. Second rate ingredients will not produce the same result. If you're reading this in the winter, save it until you can use fresh, local produce! You'll be glad you did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 cups corn kernels (from about 6 cooked ears of corn)
- 20 cherry tomatoes (red or yellow or combined)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly siced
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1In a large mixing bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar with salt and pepper to taste to form a dressing.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients, and toss to coat with the dressing.
- 3Taste, and reseason if necessary.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gardener's Sweet Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g