Recipe by Bec
Homemade pizza always rocks. You can vary toppings to suit your tastes and garden's bounty.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, cormeal, baking powder and salt; stir in milk and oil.
- Stir with large spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn out into greased 14-inch round pizza pan; let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- With back of large spoon or hands, press dough into pan.
- Shape edge to form rim.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread pizza sauce over partially baked crust; top with vegetables and cheeses.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.