Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
No sheep here! This can be frozen before cooking and defrosted before cooking.
- 900 g potatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 250 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 250 g leeks, thickly sliced
- 50 g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 75 g butter
- 350 ml skim milk
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25 g plain flour
- 150 ml dry cider
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (pinch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until tender. (about 15 mins).
- Halfway through cooking steam the carrots above the potatoes for 3 minutes Add the broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes finally add the leeks and green beans for another 2 minutes. If you don't have a steamer pan, cook the veggies until tender but not soft.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with the 25g of the butter, garlic and 4 tbsp of the milk.
- In a new pan heat half the remaining butter and stir in the flour. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Whisk in the cider and mustard.
- Place the vegetables in a large ovenproof dish and pour on the sauce. Top with the mash and dot with the last of the butter and paprika.
- Cook for 35 minutes at 200°C/400°F.