Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this as a quick dinner. Everything I used was on hand and it was SO incredible. Tasy, filling, low cal...SO GOOD! 1 patty per person you can substitute any veggies and/or spices
- 4 veggie burgers
- 8 celery ribs
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 2 large carrots
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt (to tase) or pepper (to tase)
- 1⁄4 cup broth (for simmering)
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce or 2 tablespoons stir-fry sauce
- Defrost gardenburger patties while dicing vegetables. (heat in micro if really frozen -- we're aiming for a little cooler than room temp.).
- Chop garlic and smooth out into a paste; rub on both sides of each patty.
- Break patties up into a large, chunky ground and combine with vegetables in a bowl.
- Add spices, oyster sauce, lemon, vinegar, broth, and soy sauce, stirring with a spoon.
- Heat skillet on high; coat wok with 0 calorie cooking spray.
- Add mixture to skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables and patties are done to your liking. (I like mine with a little bite).
- Serve with anything: rice cakes, toast, pasta, tuna, tortilla, as a side, or simply, by itself.