Recipe by Member #610488
This simple recipe is my version of a gardenburger and I hope you enjoy it.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7 ounces extra-firm low-fat tofu, crumbled frozen
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 light multi-grain English muffins, split toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until mushrooms have released most of their juices. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine mushroom mixture, tofu, oats, walnuts, egg, salt, onion powder and thyme in food processor or blender. Process until well combined.
- Shape mixture into 6 (1/3 cup) patties.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in same skillet over medium low heat. Working in batches, cook 3 patties 5 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Serve burgers on English muffins with lettuce, tomato and onion, if desired.