Member #610488's Note:
This simple recipe is my version of a gardenburger and I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7 ounces extra-firm low-fat tofu, crumbled frozen
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 light multi-grain English muffins, split toasted
- 1Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until mushrooms have released most of their juices. Remove from heat and cool.
- 2Combine mushroom mixture, tofu, oats, walnuts, egg, salt, onion powder and thyme in food processor or blender. Process until well combined.
- 3Shape mixture into 6 (1/3 cup) patties.
- 4Heat 1 tsp of oil in same skillet over medium low heat. Working in batches, cook 3 patties 5 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- 5Serve burgers on English muffins with lettuce, tomato and onion, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for GardenBurger My Way
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 209.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light multi-grain English muffins