Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Land o Lakes cookbook. Excellent soup!
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml sliced zucchini (1/8 inch)
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
- 118.29 ml chopped onion (or 1 medium)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 44.37 ml flour
- 304.75 g can chicken broth (I use 1 3/4 cups water with 2 packets of chicken boullion)
- 177.44 ml cream (I use milk)
- 0.25 ml pepper
- In 3 quart saucepan melt 2 tbsp butter; add zucchini, mushrooms, onion and parsley.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (6 to 8 min).
- Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth and bubbly (1 min).
- Add chicken broth; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until soup is thickened (5 to 7 min).
- Stir in cream, pepper and zucchini mixture.
- Continue cooking until heated through (5 to 6 min).
This was a good bisque but I found it a little bland, I would make it again but would suggest adding a little zing to it, maybe some thyme or marjoram, and more than a pinch of pepper, I added more at the table, or go a little Italian with some oregano or basil. Also thought it was a little thick for my tastes, will thin the left overs down a bit with some more chicken broth. I did love the crunch of the veggies,cooked perfectly. I also used milk and becel margarine. Thanks for sharing.