This is from the Land o Lakes cookbook. Excellent soup!
Make and share this Garden Zucchini Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups sliced zucchini (1/8 inch)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (or 1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth (I use 1 3/4 cups water with 2 packets of chicken boullion)
- 3⁄4 cup cream (I use milk)
- 1 pinch pepper
- In 3 quart saucepan melt 2 tbsp butter; add zucchini, mushrooms, onion and parsley.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (6 to 8 min).
- Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth and bubbly (1 min).
- Add chicken broth; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until soup is thickened (5 to 7 min).
- Stir in cream, pepper and zucchini mixture.
- Continue cooking until heated through (5 to 6 min).