Recipe by lauralie41
Betty Crocker.com is where this recipe can be found. Hamburger Helper is used in this salad for a quick and easy family dinner.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
This is a comfort dish *PLUS* I had this for lunch today, and this salad included everything I *love* in the world. I had tomatoes, (big ones) from the garden along with fall lettuce, bell pepper and onion. I had already made the Beef Pasta over the weekend, so I just heated that up in the microwave. Added all the wonderful ingredients and wanted to eat more then my fair share. I added red pepper flakes to the top and and chowed down. Thanks Lori, absolutely amazing.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) package Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small head lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, stirring occasionally. When browned, add hot water, uncooked pasta, sauce mix and garlic and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 5 minutes longer stirring occasionally. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and beef mixture to large bowl. Toss and serve immediately.