Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Yummy bundles of dough filled with fresh veggies and cheese, then baked in a hot oven. This is so easy using pre-frozen dough. Prep time includes the thaw time.
- 12 rhodes texas frozen dough rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 10 -12 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- On a board or counter, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, press each roll into a 4x5-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and saute onions and garlic 1-2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and seasonings and saute an additional 2 minutes. Divide vegetable mixture equally between 6 of the roll rectangles, keeping it at least 1/2-inch away from the edges. Place 2 slices of cheese over vegetable mixture. Using your fingers, moisten edges of dough with water. Place remaining 6 roll rectangles over the cheese. Pinch edges together to seal and turn them up towards the top. Dust with flour, if desired.
- Place bundles on a large sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes.
- Hint: Use your favorite garden vegetables to personalize your bundles.