Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home- Simple and Delicious. 1 Serving is 1-1/2 cups. 355 cal 11g fat 3g fiber
Make and share this Garden Veggie & Chicken Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, squash, onion and carrot in butter for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, garlic, salt,pepper and thyme;cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in rice and water. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in lemon juice.