Recipe by s'kat
By request, a garden fresh carrot relish! (Hint- use your food processor to make this really easy!)
- 6 medium carrots, shredded
- 6 medium celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in 3-quart saucepan; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Chill before serving.
- For a change of pace, try apple-cider or red-wine vinegars.
- This will keep up to 2 months in refrigerator.
- To can, pack in hot sterilized jars and seal tightly with vacuum seal lids.
- Process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.