Recipe by BxChick
The oatmeal and chili sauce were inspired by another recipe I found on RecipeZaar, but I added an assortment of vegetables to add color, texture, flavor, and nutrition. I like to use the Uncle Sam oatmeal because it contains flax seeds and wheat flakes along with the oats, but you can use any rolled oats or instant plain oatmeal you have on hand.
Top Review by icecat27
This recipe is great! I tweaked it a bit (no mushrooms, spinach or chili sauce) and turned it into muffins for my toddler and he loved it! Next time I'll try adding the spinach for more veggies.
- 453.59 g ground turkey breast
- 35.43 g packet instant plain oatmeal
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml shredded zucchini, excess water squeezed out
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 3 button mushrooms, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh spinach, chopped, excess water squeezed out
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml chili sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Empty packet of oatmeal into a small bowl and add milk. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small sauté pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add rest of the vegetables and cook until soft and some of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a mixing bowl, mix ground turkey, oatmeal mixture, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sauteed veggies until well combined. Form into a loaf shape and place in a greased loaf pan or on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F until internal temperature reaches 140°F Raise oven temperature to 450°F and bake until internal temperature reaches 180°, and the outside of the loaf forms a nice crust.