Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is taken from "The Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook: Collectors Edition." I haven't tried any of these recipes, but I'm borrowing the book and trying to get as many posted for my personal use as possible. Hope you all enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Combine ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with party rye or pumpernickel bread slices or assorted crackers.
- Also good with toasted mini bagel halves.
This is a versatile spread with lots of color and crunch from the vegetables. I served this first as an appetizer with crackers, and then used the leftovers the next day as a spread for a breakfast bagel.