Recipe by Cole P.
This figure-friendly soup makes a great snack, and it's nice enough to serve with a steak dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped (1 medium onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock base (or chicken boulion)
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions in oil with a little salt & pepper.
- Add the garlic, water, and vegetable base and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the carrots and potatoes.
- Cook until the carrots and potatoes are almost soft, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Continue to simmer until all the vegetables are just cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you won't eat it all in the next couple of days, freeze some for later.
- Serving size: 1 cup.