This is a great soup to eat for those of you who are dieting. It is free (0 points) on the weight watcher program. Full of good nutrition.
- 2⁄3 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fat-free broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup diced zucchini
- In large saucepan that has be sprayed with pam, saute the carrot, onion, garlic and celery about 5 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Add cabbage, beans tomato paste, tomato, basil, oregano and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 20 minutes, or until beans are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat for 5 minutes more.
- Serve hot.