1/1 Photo of Garden Vegetable Soup
5 hrs 10 mins
I was talking to a lady where I was working about enhancing recipes. She threw down the gauntlet about a recipe in the Weight Watcher's guide. It had 0 points and, as she put it, 0 taste. The challenge was to make it have TASTE. I read the recipe and agreed that the result of the original recipe would have no taste. The challenge was to add flavor without adding points. See what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups vegetable broth, fat-free Vegetarian (make sure it's low sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups green cabbage, diced
- 1/2 cup green beans (fresh is better)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or sea)
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1In a large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray (hey, we all know it’s PAM), sauté the carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened (about 10 minutes).
- 2Add paprika and cook for about two minutes more. Only do this if there is liquid to support it. If the veggies are dry add the paprika just before the next step.
- 3Add broth, water, cabbage, beans, tomato paste and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Lower heat, add the bouquet garni, bay leaves, and simmer uncovered for at least three hours.
- 6Stir in zucchini and simmer another hour.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 166.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: