Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I love this soup because it's so full of vegetables and it fills you up. I like to serve it with some warm crusty rolls.
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 3 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 5 medium onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup green beans
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.