Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very simple vegetable sandwich that's perfect for breakfast, or as a healthy snack at any other time of the day. Since the ingredients are so basic and readily available, it's immensely convenient for an energy booster anytime, anywhere! Besdies, it's quite a treat to the taste-buds as well :-)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cabbage, grated
- 1 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup (I prefer plain)
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, grated (any other cheese will do as well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (vary according to your liking!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or, to taste)
- In a small bowl, mix the chopped tomato, grated cabbage, carrot, cheese and tomato ketchup together, along with salt.
- Cover one slice of bread with this vegetable mixture and season it with pepper.
- Now put the other slice of bread on top of the vegetable-covered one, and your sandwich is ready to eat!
- You can also grill this sandwich if you like, or top it with some more grated cheese and pop it in the oven for about 5-10 minutes at 350 C.
I made this just half an hr. back, omitted the cheddar cheese. Loved it. Had it happily! Thanks!
Used broccoli slaw instead of cabbage and 1/2 mayo, 1/2 ketchup + sweet pickle relish to make a thousand island type dressing. VERY GOOD! What a great way to get my veges down. Thanks!
Yum! I used a whole wheat bun and subbed low fat mayo for the ketchup. This was delicious! I wasn't sure how I was going to like it...boy was I wrong. I loved the tomatoes in it and the cheese(I used fat free)gave it a bit of zip. I will be making this again! Thanks so much for posting!! :)