Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For a special but effortless presentation, simply slice and stack these seasonal ingredients to create beautiful, individual salad servings.
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing, divided (I like Wishbone Italian)
- 6 slices red onions
- 12 seedless cucumber, slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- fresh ground black pepper or cracked black pepper
- Place 6 of the tomato slices on a chilled serving platter, or on 6 individual chilled salad plates.
- Top each with 1 cheese slice.
- Drizzle with 1/2 of the dressing.
- Top each salad with one onion slice, 2 cucumber slices and second tomato slice.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Add a little freshly ground or cracked black pepper.
- Top each salad with a basil leaf.
- Serve with chilled salad forks.
I'm always looking for new salad ideas and this was a good one with a very pretty presentation on the plate. I don't care for raw onion, so I left that out. Otherwise, made as directed.