Recipe by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
For a special but effortless presentation, simply slice and stack these seasonal ingredients to create beautiful, individual salad servings.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I'm always looking for new salad ideas and this was a good one with a very pretty presentation on the plate. I don't care for raw onion, so I left that out. Otherwise, made as directed.
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing, divided (I like Wishbone Italian)
- 6 slices red onions
- 12 seedless cucumber, slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- fresh ground black pepper or cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 6 of the tomato slices on a chilled serving platter, or on 6 individual chilled salad plates.
- Top each with 1 cheese slice.
- Drizzle with 1/2 of the dressing.
- Top each salad with one onion slice, 2 cucumber slices and second tomato slice.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Add a little freshly ground or cracked black pepper.
- Top each salad with a basil leaf.
- Serve with chilled salad forks.